Free Data Warehousing Reports without DWH-Reporting Tools
Our Client Company’s Profile
Founded during 2011 in the US, our Client company produces unique & popular everyday clothing apparels via Social Commerce; even catering to Stylists & Hostesses.
However, when it comes to Strategic & Tactical decision making the management team depends on Data Warehouse Reports.
Implementation of Data Warehousing for a Retail Organization
We at Andolasoft have years of expertise in building revenue, budgeting & forecasting data warehouses to take care of the needs of each brand, time, zone & category; Minimizing both IT support & the expertise required.
In today’s market, the DWH reporting tools are expensive & beyond affordable for the medium scale businesses. To cut down on cost, we provide well-formatted .xls & .csv files reports tailor made for the top management.
Challenges faced by our Client Company
- The business hierarchies had to be in synch with all brands.
- A single application could reduce technical support but impact planning flexibility thereby reducing the performance and reliability.
- Individual multiple applications could provide the flexibility required by individual brands but were increasing the development time, cost and continuous tech support.
- As per the need, a combined corporate view of actual, budgets and forecast scenarios were to be taken care of.
- Reporting Requirements based on every brand, zone, categories and time.
- The source file had to be collected from the third party vendor.
- The report had to be sent through mail & put into the drop-box.
- Excel sheet report was to be prepared using ‘n’ number of sheets with separate dynamic report headers.
Solutions Offered by Us:
- The Data Warehouse solution was implemented in MYSQL 5.1 & incorporated data from one principal source such as, Daily Sales/Order Info.
- We knew that, MYSQL 5.1 provides extreme performance for large data warehouses and improves data warehouse performance, availability & manageability by partitioning large tables.
- Pentaho (Kettle) was used as an Extract, Transfer & Load (ETL) tool for loading data into the data warehouse from different data sources such as Flat files(csv, xls, txt) & OLTP databases.
- The data in the warehouse was then processed for reporting and analysis purposes. A data can be captured in many ways like stylist, item, store, zone, accounting year, quarter, brand & its concept.
With the use of Pentaho, Excel & CSV Add-ons, the following Reports could be generated.
- For a specific stylist aggregation, i.e. zone, company, concept, brand, even for the sequence of a day, week, quarter or a year
- For a specific time to get information about the booked item
- To know the revenue income of the organisation & compare current Month-to-Date (MTD) & Quarter-to-Date (QTD) to the last ones
- MYSQL 5.1
- Pentaho (Kettle)
- Pentaho (Mondrian) as an OLAP
- Excel & CSV Add-ons
- Data Warehouse created for analysis, pattern search and reporting
- Integrated budgeting & planning processes in a centralized Web-based app
- Reduced budgeting & planning cycle costs, by combining specific departments & business unit plans with organization objectives
- Availability of time-based Reporting data for different perspectives
- Reports in both email & drop-box account